St. Thomas School is run by St. Thomas Orthodox Syrian Church Society, Jaipur. The Orthodox Church is a part of a worldwide Christendom. The indigenous and ancient community of orthodox Christians owes its origin to the arrival of St. Thomas, one of the Disciples of Jesus Christ, in AD 52. St. Thomas is the Patron Saint of the school. St. Thomas School is a well-established school in Jaipur. The School traces its origin to the opening of its primary section in 2002 and received CBSE affiliation in 2011 and +2 Classes affiliation in 2013. It has now grown to a Senior Secondary School with over 950 students and 45 teaching and 38 other supporting staff.
It is a minority institution based on the minority rights guaranteed by the Indian Constitution. Christian Educational Institutions are part of the Church’s effort to share in the country’s educational undertaking. This effort, while recognizing a special responsibility towards the Christian Community, has been at the service of the whole nation irrespective of their caste and religion.
St. Thomas School is one of the oldest schools in Jaipur which has carved a niche of itself and believes in the holistic growth of its children.
We believe that education is the most powerful weapon which we can use to change the vision of the children and that of the world. Education plays a vital role in the formation of character and paves the path of the future children. It is rightly said that mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled. We, at St. Thomas School strongly believe that children only need an opportunity to showcase their talents and give out their best.
- St. Thomas School aims at the integral, personalized education of the child. It strives to produce intellectually well trained, morally upright, socially committed spiritually inspired men and women, who can contribute to the development of our nation and remain good citizens.
- To accomplish this, special efforts are made to enable the students to strive for excellence in every field.
- To strive to bring positive changes in the society.
- To challenge the young minds to reach the zenith of their potential.
- The step beyond the confines of caste, creed and religion while serving the needy.
- To cater to the educational needs of the various strata of the society.
- To promote national integration and foster international understanding and brotherhood.
- To instill among learners an awareness for maintaining environmental purity and ecological harmony.
- To Improve self – curricular and creativity through participation and involvement in co-curricular activities.
- To nurture the growth of the students into responsible and noble citizens through a carefully planned and executed curricular and extra-curricular programmed.
- To think for themselves in a clear, fearless and independent manner.
- To seek, extent and apply knowledge to solve problems pertaining to all aspects of life.
- To value and use their freedom of responsibility.
- The be clear and firm on principles and courageous in action.
- To be unselfish in the service to the fellow human beings.
- To become agents of needed social change in the country.
- To maintain physical health.
- To have scientific attitude.
Our aim is not just to create another face in the crowd but to nurture each student in developing personality which has the resolve to make the nation proud. Love, tolerance, brotherhood, humanism, patriotism, sensitivity to the environment, rationalism, courage to bear life’s contingencies and to take up voice on behalf of the underprivileged are the hallmarks of our students. St. Thomas School endeavors to provide not just pedantic learning but a genuine and holistic education in a stress free environment where students inculcate a spirit of enquiry. We not only train them to find challenging careers but also to face the complexities of life. We make them realize that a great foundation will make them lead as great individuals. St. Thomas School aims at making its own contribution to a radical transformation of present day social condition, so that social justice, equality of opportunity, genuine freedom, respect for religions and moral values which are enshrined in the constitution of India may be realized.
We have a team of well qualified and trained staff as per CBSE norms who believe in the interactive method of teaching and inculcating right values which account for the development of holistic personality of the students. This team firmly believes that “Discipline is self-imposed” and believes in promoting self-respect, of the students through innovative methods of teaching.
Learning if fun. This is evident from the fact that the tiny tots enjoy these years of schooling and then it becomes a part of their reminiscence at a later stage. They sing, dance, enjoy and learn each day.
We have talented and competent teachers who pay individual attention to students, use innovative teaching, practice life skill education and good value system. We make them realize that a great foundation will make them lead as great individuals.